THE ACGFA AND ITS APPOINTED REPRESENTITIVES MAY REFUSE ANY INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION
IN THIS TOURNAMENT, AT THEIR DISCRETION. TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT BY ENTERING THIS TOURNAMENT ALL RULE PROTESTS AND MANAGEMENT DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO ANY FURTHER INTERPRETATION AND /OR LITIGATION.
SECTION I – GENERAL RULES
1.The BACKWATER CHALLENGE is a 2-day ANGLER tournament. The heaviest red fish will win. The angler’s heaviest redfish on either day will be eligible for an award. Only one place per angler. Only one fish per day will be weighed for the heaviest redfish category. All anglers on boat must be registered.
2. Registration is $50 per angler at Camachee Cove Marina on Friday July 10 from 4:00 to 7:00. All registered anglers must attend the mandatory tournament meeting at 7pm. All tournament rules will be reviewed at the Tournament Meeting.
3. Prize amounts will be adjusted based on the total number of entries. Other prizes will be awarded on one place per 10 angler ratio. Only one place awarded per registered angler. The total of prize money and packages awarded will be over 80% of the total entry fees collected.
4. All anglers are responsible for following all Florida State fishing rules. Any angler receiving a citation from a law enforcement agency will be disqualified from the tournament.
5. Anglers may only fish after safe light. Anglers may fish all inshore waters. Anglers may not fish offshore or east of any jetties or shore lines.
6. No transfer or pooling of fish shall be permitted between anglers.
7. All fish must be caught by rod and reel.
8. Go / No-Go weather decision to fish is left to the angler. Safety should ALWAYS come first.
9. No refund of entry fees unless the tournament committee cancels the tournament. In that case, a prorated entry fee will be returned after expenses.
10. Inshore TWT rules on registration page.
SECTION II – WEIGH-IN
1. Weigh-In will be at Camachee Cove Marina. All anglers can come by boat or vehicle. Weigh in times are 3:00-5:00pm on Saturday and 2:00-4:00pm on Sunday. Angler must be in line before the end of weigh in.
2. The angler who caught the fish must accompany his/her fish to the scale.
3. Anglers will be required to sign their weigh in slip and certify that they were the angler that caught the fish. All anglers shall have identification present at weigh-in.
4. Only 1 fish is eligible for largest Red fish. Anglers are responsible to determine which fish will be weighed.
5. All fish submitted for big fish and TWT must be caught on the day of the tournament.
6. All fish must comply with federal, state, and local regulations. Any fish deemed to be spoiled, frozen, mutilated, or showing signs of unsportsmanlike handling may be disqualified by the Weigh Master. Weigh Master decisions are final.
7. In the case of a tie, the angler that weighs his or her fish first wins.
SECTION III – PROTESTS
If a protest is made, it must be submitted no later than 30 minutes after the last fish is weighed for that day’s competition. A protest must be made in writing, signed by the person lodging the protest, and be accompanied by a $200 cash deposit. The decision to uphold or deny the protest will be made in a timely manner at the tournament committee’s discretion after the protest, and any and all decisions will be final and irrevocable. If the Tournament Committee upholds the protest, the deposit will be refunded.
NOTICE: ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A POLYGRAPH TEST TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. THESE ARE THE TOURNAMENT RULES. ANY LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS OR CHANGES DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL BE PRESENTED AT THE ANGLER’S MEETING. ANY RULES NOT SO PRESENTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL.