ANCIENT CITY GAME
FISH ASSOCIATION (ACGFA)
20TH ANNUAL KINGFISH CHALLENGE
2015 TOURNAMENT RULES
THIS IS AN SKA SANCTIONED EVENT, THEREFORE, SOUTHERN KINGFISH ASSOCIATION (SKA) SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT & SKA PRODUCED TOURNAMENT RULES APPLY. A COPY OF THE SKA RULES IS AVAILABLE AND CAN BE VIEWED AT www.fishska.com. ANY TEAM CURRENTLY BANNED FROM FISHING SKA PRODUCED OR SANCTIONED TOURNAMENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO FISH THIS TOURNAMENT. TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT BY ENTERING THIS TOURNAMENT ALL RULE PROTESTS AND MANAGEMENT DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO ANY FURTHER INTERPRETATION AND / OR LITIGATION.
SECTION I – GENERAL
1. Final registration is 4:00p.m. to 7:00 p.m., July 10th, 2015 at Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor, Northeast Florida Marlin Association Clubhouse. The Captain or his/her representative from each registered boat must attend final registration to receive the Captain’s Bag. The mandatory Captain’s Meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
2. This is a King Mackerel TWO FISH AGGREGATE tournament, only two fish per day will be weighed, the heaviest two fish will count for the two fish aggregate weight.
3. Prizes are limited to ONE PER BOAT with the exception of Tournament within a Tournament prizes. All prizes will be awarded to the registered Captain. If you place in more than one category, you will automatically sorted to the position of greatest value.
4. Captains and crews are responsible for following all Federal, State, and local fishing and boating laws. Any boat receiving a citation from a law enforcement agency will be disqualified from the tournament.
5. All boats must leave from the St. Augustine Inlet or Mayport Inlet unless announced otherwise by the Tournament Committee. Boats may not leave the Inlet after the Captain’s Meeting or between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. each fishing day.
6. All boats must have an operating 25-watt VHF radio on board. The tournament channel is VHF channel 72.
7. The following apply after check-out and before a boat has weighed-in: No boats are to come together, unless an emergency exists. No boat may make landfall; or receive or pass anything to or from land.
8. This is a Captain’s choice tournament. Go/No Go weather decisions will be made by the Tournament Committee, but the decision to take a boat to sea is left to the Captain of the vessel who is legally responsible for the safety of the vessel and it’s crew. SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST.
9. No refund of entry fees, unless the Tournament Committee cancels the Tournament. In that case, prorated entry fees will be returned after expenses.
SECTION II - CHECK OUT/IN:
1. All boats must visually check-out with the designated checkpoint each fishing day. Check-out times are 6:00 a.m. to 7:30a.m. After 7:30 a.m., boats must visually check-out at Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor, Northeast Florida Marlin Association Club- house.
2. No wake during CHECK-OUT will be from the Vilano Bridge to Bridge of Lions and Out to Marker 5A in St Augustine, and from the Mayport Ferry to the End of the Jetties in Mayport. No Wake during CHECK-IN will be from the west tip of the St Augustine Inlet to the marina. No wake will be enforced until lifted by the Tournament committee.
3. All boats MUST CHECK-IN with Tournament Base by VHF radio (Channel 72) each fishing day. Make sure you receive a “ROGER” from Tournament Base.
4. Failure to check-out or check-in will disqualify the boat from the tournament.
SECTION III - WEIGH-IN:
1. Weigh-in will be at Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor, Northeast Florida Marlin Association Clubhouse. All fish must be brought to the weigh station by boat. Weigh in times are 3:00 p.m. till 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and 2:00 p.m. till 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. In order to be in line for weigh-in boats must be past the first marker for Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor prior to the weigh in times.
2. Only two Kingfish per boat will be weighed each day. Boat Captains are responsible to determine which fish will be weighed. Hooks must be removed from all fish prior to bringing fish to the scales.
3. Each boat is responsible for transporting their fish to the Weigh-station under their own power. Fish dropped overboard during weigh-in will be disqualified. One person must remain with the fish and sign the Weigh Slip.
4. Fish must be weighed on the day caught to be eligible. All fish weighed-in will become the property of the Tournament.
5. No Kingfish under 10 pounds (regardless of fork length) or any mutilated fish will be weighed. Mutilation is defined as any damage, which impairs the fish’s fighting ability. The Weigh Master will make all decisions regarding mutilation.
6. In case of tied weights, the winner will be determined by the earliest weigh-in slip number.
SECTION IV – PROTESTS
If a protest is made, it must be submitted no later than 30 minutes after the last fish is weighed for that day’s competition. Any protest must be made in writing, signed by the person lodging the protest, and be accompanied by a $200 cash deposit. The decision to uphold or deny the protest will be made within a timely manner after the protest, and any and all decisions will be final and irrevocable. If the Tournament Committee upholds the protest, the deposit will be refunded.
NOTICE: ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A POLYGRAPH TEST TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. THESE ARE THE KINGFISH CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT RULES. ANY LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS OR CHANGES DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL BE PRESENTED AT THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING. ANY RULES NOT SO PRESENTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL